Where are Sandy Shaw and Durk Pearson now?
Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu
2003-10-26 14:54:24 UTC
Hello,

As I went to lifeservices.com, Sandy and Durk's long-time partner, I found out
now it is redirected to ketofoods.com, dedicated to keto food. There are no
traces of S&D left any more.

My wild guess is their cooperation ended as LS tended to move to the more
lucrative keto market. But does anyone know what was really going on and where I
can find the past articles and newsletters of S&D ? Any news about them ?

Thanks for your attention.

ywliu
RArmant
http://www.life-enhancement.com/LE/life_issue_index.asp?SID=1&
Russell.Beale
2003-10-26 20:32:38 UTC
Post by RArmant
http://www.life-enhancement.com/LE/life_issue_index.asp?SID=1&
There's also this:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094963/fullcredits

!!!!

Russ.
Gene Haywood
2003-10-28 04:15:18 UTC
Saw a photo of Durk in a newspaper a few months back. These flashbulb
photos are never flattering but he looked like a 65 year old (probably
10 to 15 years older than his actual age) grossly obese man.
ywliu
Russell.Beale
2003-10-28 04:46:54 UTC
Post by Gene Haywood
Saw a photo of Durk in a newspaper a few months back. These flashbulb
photos are never flattering but he looked like a 65 year old (probably
10 to 15 years older than his actual age) grossly obese man.
I see: for reasons which we can only guess at, you want us to think that
Pearson is between 50 and 55. In which case you will kindly explain to us
how he came to graduate *38 years ago*:

"Durk took a triple minor at MIT in physics, biology and psychology,
with a triple minor in electrical engineering, computer science, and
chemistry, graduating in 1965."
(http://www.nuvobody.com/pages/professionals/durk_sandy.aspx)

Was he really *12 years old* when this happened? Or maybe he'd reached
*17*?? Or is the truth simply that you are just another Usenet asshole
shooting your mouth off?

Russ.
Gene Haywood
2003-10-28 22:24:39 UTC
Post by Russell.Beale
Post by Gene Haywood
Saw a photo of Durk in a newspaper a few months back. These flashbulb
photos are never flattering but he looked like a 65 year old (probably
10 to 15 years older than his actual age) grossly obese man.
I see: for reasons which we can only guess at, you want us to think that
Pearson is between 50 and 55. In which case you will kindly explain to us
"Durk took a triple minor at MIT in physics, biology and psychology,
with a triple minor in electrical engineering, computer science, and
chemistry, graduating in 1965."
(http://www.nuvobody.com/pages/professionals/durk_sandy.aspx)
Was he really *12 years old* when this happened? Or maybe he'd reached
*17*?? Or is the truth simply that you are just another Usenet asshole
shooting your mouth off?
Russ.
Sorry about the inaccurate guess as to his actual age, but no reason
for you to become another vicious flaming Usenet asshole yourself.
Point was, that for an anti-aging guru he should look in better shape
than that.
Russell.Beale
2003-10-29 00:14:54 UTC
Post by Gene Haywood
Point was, that for an anti-aging guru he should look in better shape
than that.
More bullshit. Fact is, no-one can know *squat* about *what kind of shape
he'd be in otherwise*.

Russ.
R.Coyote
2003-10-31 23:32:11 UTC
You cannot accurately assess the results of a regimen upon a select few and
extrapolate this to the whole

We cannot know that they would in fact be in even WORSE shape had they not
been doing what they do.

When people estimate my age, I do not look "significantly" younger (However
I do somewhat, im 44 they usually guess early to mid thirties) than my
actual years, but in comparison to what my family members were at this age,
I do look significantly younger.
Russ.
B-Ob1
RUSS..you are SET in your theme so DIE in it! B-0b1
Joann Evans
2003-11-01 13:35:50 UTC
Post by Russell.Beale
Post by Gene Haywood
Point was, that for an anti-aging guru he should look in better shape
than that.
More bullshit. Fact is, no-one can know *squat* about *what kind of shape
he'd be in otherwise*.
Russ.
(sigh) So does anyone simply know his (and her) birthdate?

Understand, I own two of their books, myself....
You know what to remove, to reply....
Mike Leake
2003-11-03 00:17:33 UTC
Post by Joann Evans
Post by Russell.Beale
Post by Gene Haywood
Point was, that for an anti-aging guru he should look in better shape
than that.
More bullshit. Fact is, no-one can know *squat* about *what kind of shape
he'd be in otherwise*.
Russ.
(sigh) So does anyone simply know his (and her) birthdate?
Durk mentions being 37 in the book. I'm looking specifically at a comment on
page 220 in chapter 7: "Durk now has more hair than he did ten years ago
when he was 27." The book came out in 1982. So by adding 21 years to that,
we have a pretty good idea of his age being around 59 or so, depending upon
the lag time between the writing and the actual publication. From recent
photos I have seen, I'd say he currently does look his age--not older, not
younger. He appears to have saved his hair, however, though it is fully
gray. I have no idea if he's maintained favorable blood test results.

Mike Leake
Richard Steven Hack
2003-11-04 02:10:51 UTC
Post by Mike Leake
Durk mentions being 37 in the book. I'm looking specifically at a comment on
page 220 in chapter 7: "Durk now has more hair than he did ten years ago
when he was 27." The book came out in 1982. So by adding 21 years to that,
we have a pretty good idea of his age being around 59 or so, depending upon
the lag time between the writing and the actual publication. From recent
photos I have seen, I'd say he currently does look his age--not older, not
younger. He appears to have saved his hair, however, though it is fully
gray. I have no idea if he's maintained favorable blood test results.
Durk graduated MIT in 1965, which would indicate he was at least
twenty at that time, even allowing for his brilliance.

According to an interview published in 1996, they were both fifty-two
at that time, which would make them fifty nine today.

The interview is here: http://www.levity.com/mavericks/p&s-int.htm

--
Richard Steven Hack
"Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger" -
and YOU have not killed me!
c***@gmail.com
2014-12-03 02:48:52 UTC
Dirk was born in 1943. I happen to know both Durk and Sandy. Studied with them in the 80s. If you knew these two very humble kind persons you would not entertain all this negative babble. I have taken their super foods since the 80s and can testify to good health a sharp mind and energy that makes younger constituents marvel. Instead of running these two genuinely honest persons down try having an open mind. Try the WOW and Inner power. Get out from under the control of the AMA; FDA and prescription drugs and try pure nutrition. It will clear your befuddled minds. You might gain clarity and live a longer life.
John H. Gohde
2014-12-03 12:21:59 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Dirk was born in 1943. I happen to know both Durk and Sandy. Studied with them in the 80s. If you knew these two very humble kind persons you would not entertain all this negative babble. I have taken their super foods since the 80s and can testify to good health a sharp mind and energy that makes younger constituents marvel. Instead of running these two genuinely honest persons down try having an open mind. Try the WOW and Inner power. Get out from under the control of the AMA; FDA and prescription drugs and try pure nutrition. It will clear your befuddled minds. You might gain clarity and live a longer life.
They're just a bunch of capitalistic frauds, IMHO. Following their advice in their book nearly killed me.

Every bit of their advice was totally worthless, as far as I am concerned.

Plus, both of them look uglier than ever in the flesh, and that is no understatement.

On or Close to Topic
2014-12-03 15:26:18 UTC
http://www.life-enhancement.com/images/LEM1305DandS300.jpg
The man in the jpg looks to have BMI of 35 or worse IMHO.
Bert
In that picture, which one is the man, and which one is the woman?
n***@gmail.com
2017-10-15 14:40:24 UTC
Post by Russell.Beale
Post by Gene Haywood
Saw a photo of Durk in a newspaper a few months back. These flashbulb
photos are never flattering but he looked like a 65 year old (probably
10 to 15 years older than his actual age) grossly obese man.
I see: for reasons which we can only guess at, you want us to think that
Pearson is between 50 and 55. In which case you will kindly explain to us
"Durk took a triple minor at MIT in physics, biology and psychology,
with a triple minor in electrical engineering, computer science, and
chemistry, graduating in 1965."
(http://www.nuvobody.com/pages/professionals/durk_sandy.aspx)
Was he really *12 years old* when this happened? Or maybe he'd reached
*17*?? Or is the truth simply that you are just another Usenet asshole
shooting your mouth off?
Russ.
Not sure why I cam across this but it did make me chuckle. Durk lived directly across the street from me in Manhattan beach up in the 'tree section',(he had two houses if memory serves) way, way, way back in the early 80s. He'd be outside in black leather shorts and squash-blossom belt hanging around in his backyard/driveway. I used to discuss with my partner how old Durk appeared considering his (then) age (under 40). We would also note that for a guy that wrote the book on 'Life Extension' he certainly didn't appear to be aging very well. I guess however that the operative point is that today, in 2017, he's still kicking it around at age 74 or so.