Natto better than statins, reverses arterial calcification!
Taka
2017-05-21 15:36:38 UTC
Could a natural diet end the need for statin drugs?

Animal studies also show that vitamin K2 not only blocks calcification, but also induces a 37 percent regression of arterial calcification. By the way, pharmaceutical drugs designed to reduce cholesterol have never been great at reversing plaque accumulation within the human body.

In fact, newly published research showed that statin drugs are associated with accelerating coronary artery and aortic artery calcification. A study, published August 2012, in the journal Diabetes Care, revealed that statin users with type 2 diabetes and advanced arthrosclerosis had greater artery calcification.

The science about natto is dramatic!

MORE: http://www.naturalhealth365.com/natto.html/

In the new study, the researchers induced arterial hardening in rats by interfering with vitamin K-metabolism, by adding the vitamin K-antagonist warfarin to the diets. Vitamin K is reported to act on a protein called matrix Gla-Protein (MGP), said to be the strongest inhibitor of arterial calcification.

Initially, the rats were divided into two groups, a control group with vitamin K added to the diet, and a warfarin treated group to induce calcification. After six weeks of treatment with warfarin, the researchers report that the rats showed signs of significant arterial hardening.

The warfarin treated rats were then further divided into four groups and assigned to one of four intervention groups for a further six weeks: a standard diet plus warfarin, a standard diet plus vitamin K1 at normal dose (5 micrograms per gram of food, purchased from Sigma), a standard diet plus high-dose vitamin K1 (100 micrograms per gram of food), or the standard diet plus high-dose vitamin K2 (MK-4, 100 micrograms per gram of food, gifted from Eisai, Japan).

Schurgers and his co-workers report that during the second six week period, the calcifications in the warfarin-treated control group continued linearly, as did the calcification in the normal dose vitamin K1 group, indicating that dietary vitamin K1 intake had no effect.

However, in both high-dose groups (K1 and K2) no continued calcification occurred, but the existing hardening was found to be reversed by about 50 percent after six weeks of supplementation.

MORE: http://www.rejuvenation-science.com/research-news/vitamin-k/n-vitamin-k2-artery

Abstract

Arterial calcification (AC) is generally regarded as an independent risk factor for cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Matrix Gla protein (MGP) is a potent inhibitor of AC, and its activity depends on vitamin K (VK). In rats, inactivation of MGP by treatment with the vitamin K antagonist warfarin leads to rapid calcification of the arteries. Here, we investigated whether preformed AC can be regressed by a VK-rich diet. Rats received a calcification-inducing diet containing both VK and warfarin (W&K). During a second 6-week period, animals were randomly assigned to receive either W&K (3.0 mg/g and 1.5 mg/g, subsequently), a diet containing a normal (5 microg/g) or high (100 microg/g) amount of VK (either K1 or K2). Increased aortic calcium concentration was observed in the group that continued to receive W&K and also in the group changed to the normal dose of VK and AC progressed. Both the VK-rich diets decreased the arterial calcium content by some 50%. In addition, arterial distensibility was restored by the VK-rich diet. Using MGP antibodies, local VK deficiency was demonstrated at sites of calcification. This is the first study in rats demonstrating that AC and the resulting decreased arterial distensibility are reversible by high-VK intake.
Source

L.J. Schurgers, H.M.H. Spronk, B.A.M. Soute, P.M. Schiffers, J.G.R. DeMey, and C. Vermeer. Regression of warfarin-induced medial elastocalcinosis by high intake of vitamin K in rats. Blood. 2007 Apr 1;109(7):2823-31.
The Judge
2017-05-22 15:53:39 UTC
Post by Taka
Schurgers and his co-workers report that during the second six week period, the calcifications in the warfarin-treated control group continued linearly, as did the calcification in the normal dose vitamin K1 group, indicating that dietary vitamin K1 intake had no effect.
However, in both high-dose groups (K1 and K2) no continued calcification occurred, but the existing hardening was found to be reversed by about 50 percent after six weeks of supplementation.
This is a HUGE amount of vitamin K. For example one of the most complete and highest dose K supplement is Life Extension's Super K. It has all 3 types of vitamin K: K1, K2 and MK7. But the total dose per pill is only 2.7 milligrams.
Going with the high dose group above for every 500 grams of food you eat you would have to consume 500 * 0.1 mg = 50mg of K. This would require 18 pills of Super K. I would guess that no human has ever tried this much K.
Taka
2017-05-23 06:17:59 UTC
Post by The Judge
Post by Taka
[...]
Forget the pills, look at the natto packs sold in Japan!

"Natto is the highest dietary source of vitamin K2 with a whopping 775 mcg per 100 gram serving"

MORE: https://www.mamanatural.com/why-vitamin-k2-is-important-and-how-to-get-it/
The Judge
2017-05-23 13:47:45 UTC
Taka says
Post by Taka
Forget the pills, look at the natto packs sold in Japan!
Still not enough K in natto. At .775 mg per 100g of natto you would have to eat 64 packs with every 500 grams of food you eat. Each pack is already 100 grams so this is nearly impossible. Also, the link given describes natto as a nasty, stinky, stringy food. You won't want to eat it. I'll stick with the super K and take a bit more of it.

"Natto – a humble Japanese food that is essentially fermented soybeans. The smell and taste is so strong and pungent that some restaurants have a “Natto Only” section for those diners that chose to order this dish. It’s slimy; it’s stringy; and it’s stinky. While I don’t recommend eating soy, fermented soy is safe and this food in particular is wonderfully nutritious. Natto is the highest dietary source of vitamin K2 with a whopping 775 mcg per 100 gram serving. Certain areas of Japan consume natto daily at breakfast and this country has the highest longevity rate in the world. Problem is, most people won’t eat this stuff."
Taka
2017-05-23 16:19:29 UTC
Post by The Judge
Taka says
Well, yo also get other things besides K2 from natto, e.g. nattokinase....
Taka
2017-05-24 06:04:47 UTC
Please get anyone you love or care about off the statin drugs. They poison the liver so it does not make cholesterol. The BIG issue is that your brain is 80% cholesterol so you might as well write Alzheimer’s on the bottle another medical community caused disease !!!!

Millions of people are taking cholesterol-lowering drugs known as statins to lower their cholesterol. It’s a 29 billion dollar industry that had most of us fooled completely. Doctors prescribe these statin drugs regularly against heart attack, stroke, inflammation and other health ailments. However, despite their incredible popularity, cholesterol lowering drugs failed to prevent heart attack and stroke. Instead, they can cause cancer and other serious health problems.

In the new documentary film $29 Billion Reasons to Lie About Cholesterol, Justin Smith states,
” … between 1994 and 2006 the percentage of men aged 65 to 74 with ‘high’ cholesterol decreased from 87% to 54% … Despite this, the rate of coronary heart disease for this age group stayed about the same … Other age groups have experienced an increase in the rate of heart disease as the number of people with ‘high’ cholesterol has decreased.”
Cholesterol-lowering drugs cause cancer

Well-designed studies have shown the link between cholesterol-lowering drug use and cancer.
In the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1996 stated:

All members of the two most popular classes of lipid-lowering drugs (the fibrates and the statins) cause cancer in rodents, in some cases at levels of animal exposure close to those prescribed to humans. … Longer-term clinical trials and careful postmarketing surveillance during the next several decades are needed to determine whether cholesterol-lowering drugs cause cancer in humans. In the meantime, the results of experiments in animals and humans suggest that lipid-lowering drug treatment, especially with the fibrates and statins, should be avoided except in patients at high short-term risk of coronary heart disease.

Additionally, according to a 2011 study published in the journal Prostate, men who take statin drugs of any kind are significantly more prone to developing prostate cancer compared to other men. Compared to men who have never taken a statin drug, statin users were found to have a much as an 86 percent increased risk of developing prostate cancer.

More Reasons to Avoid Cholesterol-Lowering drugs

Statins Increase Your Risk of Chronic Disease.Statin drugs increase insulin levels which cause inflammation in your body, which is the hallmark of most chronic disease.
Statins deplete your body of CoQ10. If you take statin drugs without taking CoQ10, your health is at serious risk.
Cholesterol-lowering drugshave been directly linked to over 300 side effects, which include neuropathy, anemia, chronic fatigue, thyroid disruption, and diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s.
Cholesterol-lowering drugs cut testosterone rates among men.
Cholesterol-lowering drugs can also destroy memory.

Cholesterol does not cause heart disease. Cholesterol is essential and crucial for a wide variety of vital functions in your body.
Dr. Stephen Sinatra, a board certified cardiologist and a prominent expert in the field of natural cardiology, explained in a recent interview:

“Let’s face it, cholesterol is something your body needs. If you look at the MRFIT study [Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial] where they looked at 180,000 men over a period of… 13 years (1973-80);men with cholesterol of 330 had less hemorrhagic stroke than men with cholesterol less than 180. If you look at cholesterol numbers, the higher cholesterol number would give you protection from hemorrhagic stroke. (I’m not talking about ischemic stroke now but hemorrhagic stroke.)
… [W]e need cholesterol in our skin to activate vitamin D3 from sunlight. We need cholesterol to make our sex hormones… to make our adrenal hormones. We need it for lubrication. We need it for neurotransmitter function in the brain. When LDL is driven too low, it’s no wonder that a lot of patients develop memory problems or pre-Alzheimer’s, or even total global amnesia, which is really losing one’s memory. It’s very frightful and I have seen several cases.… There are so many other aspects that in my mind play a much bigger role that I put cholesterol down at the low end of the spectrum.”

SOURCE: http://www.hlfteam.com/statin-scam-exposed-cholesterol-drugs-cause-rapid-ageing-brain-damage-and-diabetes-2/
s***@gmail.com
2017-09-03 05:45:55 UTC
It's not bad. I can tell you how to get to like it.

Rejected Man
Actually, the Japanese researchers were using 45 milligrams daily total doses of K2 MK4 to treat osteoporosis something like 15 to 20 years ago.
Taka
I am wondering how much K2 is produced by the healthy gut microflora on daily basis. Remember, the human body has more bacterial cells in its intestine than it has its own cells in a whole body!
The Judge
2017-05-25 13:36:10 UTC
Interesting. Can you find a link to that study?
Rejected Burro
2017-05-25 15:53:47 UTC
Post by The Judge
Actually, the Japanese researchers were using 45 milligrams daily total doses of > K2 MK4 to treat osteoporosis something like 15 to 20 years ago.
Interesting. Can you find a link to that study?
Good Morning.

Studies it seems.
PMID: 11180916 45 mg
PMID: 17012108 45 mg
PMID: 10750566 maybe

I am tired, it has been a long night.
s***@gmail.com
2017-09-03 05:42:29 UTC
It depends mk-4 has higher mg doses than mk-7. They aren't the same.