Coffee, the Mediterranean diet, and Colitis
b***@spamcop.net
2017-09-03 06:57:42 UTC
I read somewhere, in this newsgroup, perhaps, that Coffee was okay, as
long as you are on the Mediterranean diet. Unfortunately, that diet only
works to extend your life when you make over fourty-five thousand
dollars a year or so (because then you can afford sufficient organic?).

I am not prone to believing that coffee is a health food, and the
research said Coffee works to extend your life when you are on the
Mediterranean.

What if you have Colitis to boot?
I seriously doubt that Coffee helps in that case.

Or, might caffeine relieve depression, so that people do not kill
themselves over pain? In that case, I am thinking that opiates might be
called for, because I see a dearth of safer pain killers, except Clove
and Chile Pepper.

If you want caffeine, then I am thinking that pills are safer than
coffee, because I have long wondered at the conflicting results
regarding how healthy aqueous extract of burnt beans is.
The Judge
2017-09-03 14:20:54 UTC
Have you seen this study from about a year ago? Be sure to read the followup article link (near the top) also.
http://www.timelesslifemag.com/index.php/2016/04/06/coffee-makes-you-old-study-indicates-that-coffee-extract-inhibits-sirt12/
With half the world consuming coffee all the time you would think this might be of great concern but I have not heard a peep out of any of the major longevity orgs.
Yet people continue to take resveratrol and other substances that promote SIRT1 and SIRT2. I wish I knew the truth. Meanwhile, I have cut back on coffee to every other day, alternating with green tea.
b***@spamcop.net
2017-09-04 07:02:44 UTC
Post by The Judge
Have you seen this study from about a year ago? Be sure to read the followup article link (near the top) also.
http://www.timelesslifemag.com/index.php/2016/04/06/coffee-makes-you-old-study-indicates-that-coffee-extract-inhibits-sirt12/
With half the world consuming coffee all the time you would think this might be of great concern but I have not heard a peep out of any of the major longevity orgs.
Yet people continue to take resveratrol and other substances that promote SIRT1 and SIRT2. I wish I knew the truth. Meanwhile, I have cut back on coffee to every other day, alternating with green tea.
The truth might be as simple as the water in coffee, because caffeine
inspires a routine in consuming enough, such that SIRT inhibitors in
coffee are relatively insignificant compared to adequate water intake.

That's why it's hard to make much of research in glass.

I usually go for two cups of coffee, max, although I occasionally go on
a binge and drink it all night. That's me coping with insomnia -- go
with it. I used to be a fan of green tea, that is until I read that it's
high in Aluminum -- not a popular metal in Alzheimer's research -- not
an essential metal.

I think the best alternative is to make tea with your favourite spices.
For me, that's Black Pepper and Clove. It's missing caffeine, of course.

For that matter, I brewed my mac and cheese with Pepper and Clove, then
added some tomato paste. Regarding resveratrol, I have made the cheese
paste with wine, because resveratrol is not the only flavonoid in Red Wine.